Thursday 9 March 2017

Q4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Research and Planning

Blogger


Blogger was the main piece of technology used throughout the Research and Planning as it allowed me to do various different things that would benefit me in improving my research and what I find.
The Technology that I used the most within the these phases was Blogger, the reason Blogger has been used so much is due to how familiar I am to the technology, and through this it allows my research to be to a high standard. .Blogger was and is still the place where I put all my research and information I find to do with the music video making process. This platform allowed me to efficiently present it in a clear and well presented way that also was easily accessible to all the needed people that could advise and help me through out the process. With blogger the comment section also has helped me to keep a high standard of work up as it allows me to get quick advise on how to improve and what to add within certain blog posts. Due to blogger being so clear and simple to use it allowed me to easily review previous posts  and use them for inspiration in the future for new ideas and posts on blogger. 

Camera 




The camera in this stage of the process was a very small part of the research and planning as it was only used on certain occasions, such as the principle photography stage which really helped as it allowed me and my partner to get a clear idea on areas and spaces we could use and create our music video within. Principle photography was also used in the seeing what our actors look like and this also became extremely helpful as it allowed us to get a good idea of outfits and make up our actors. \

Youtube


Youtube was probably the most useful for gaining inspiration and research as it allowed me and my partner to really have a good look at all the possible different styles of music videos, and how to make ours look more professional. When researching using Youtube it was easy to navigate as it is a popular website that I used very often so the accessibility of the website was clear and allowed use to gain extra time else where.  YouTube allowed me to find good high standard music videos that I would be able to take inspiration from. YouTube is becoming a huge social platform that is used for any video to be spread virally, but more importantly is used to show music videos. The ease of YouTube also was a contributing factor so I could find 100,000 of music videos in seconds and define these to find my specific genre.

Through previous tasks we created a video and uploaded it to Youtube so the experience gained from that use, allowed me and my partner to get straight on with no confusion. 


Iphone 


Even though it was used in such a small way, the importance of it was clear. I used my iPhone to record various things like a focus group and also it was used for research as Youtube was easily accessible on it.
Google
A huge piece of technology that was really looked over during this whole process was Google, this was easily the most used as it was the search engine used to search all these other websites and it allowed a quick easily accessible process. Without Google i would of been unable to find my chosen artist as I used it for basic research at the beginning as it allowed me to get a wide range of ideas.

I next had to research Band websites this was very helpful to find specific colours that go well with the genre and the websites are also great places to find first hand information that can benefit the whole process. I researched The Artic Monkeys website which helped me to find a certain style to adhere to as it made them individual to the rest.
Print media
Magazines were also a large part of my research as it allowed me to find out certain codes and conventions I should stick to or miss out to when making my ancillaries, to make them to a more higher standard I defined my research to my specific genre which allowed me to produce a even better genre specific ancillaries.
Digipacks also provided me with important research as it increased my knowledge of the different styles of digipacks, this was very needed as we needed to create are own for our music and the use of genre specific Digipack research this helped me to make a even better Digipack.

Another Technology was Prezi's this was a creative way of presenting my idea's and research, and also a interactive way as you go through the Prezi in a very individual way compared to other technologies.

The Camera was huge in the different processes as it allowed me to create and research, all the pictures taken throughout will of been taken on a camera this helped me to create a high standard of these processes. Principle Photography helped to create a idea of what I wanted to make as it allowed my ideas to run free of what I could do with the space there was.




Construction


The main components within creating and constructing my music video was the Camera, Tripod and Memory Card. The reason i highlight these as the most important is with out them none of the video would of been able to of been produced. The camera was used to film the video to a high standard and due to the camera being very good it allowed the filming process to be simple and we could rely on the quality of the camera.  The Tripod was just as important as it allowed are shots to be stable and  to a correct hight and distance. The memory card was a crucial part also as it allowed us to save and store all of our clips ready for editing safely and easily accessible. 







The editing of the music video was all done on Final Cut Pro X, this was due to the software being very easy to use when you have practised and also a professional standard piece of equipment that will only make what ever you want better, when used the correct way. The Software when  first given to me I found was hard to master and understand due to all the complicated different aspects of the software.

The tools within Final Cut Pro X all had there separate uses and all had there way of improving what was making, mostly all of the tools within the software was used in creating my music video. 



The use of Final Cut Pro X allowed me to quickly and effieiently create my music video as the tools were after some time easy to use and through this it really developed my skills upon software like this (editing software). One of the main tools used was the blade tool as it allowed me to change the size of the clip to the desirable size so that the clip will make sense, and fit in with what I was trying to create. The Ken Burns tool was also used to good effect in my music video as it zoomed the camera in to a certain area of the frame slightly, this worked well as it highlighted/ magnified that specific area of the frame.   



Adobe Elements 11 was another massive piece of software I and my partner used to create our digipack and poster, this software was much easy to use for us, as we had a previous year working on it. This really played into our hand as we could just put our heads down and get on with the task. 


Evaluation

During the evaluation stage of the process I used blogger to upload and log all my work and evaluations as it is easily seen and able to be reviewed and given feedback for. Blogger also has all the information and my previous work on it so it was easy so I could back track on previous work. Also with using blogger I can present the evaluation in what ever way I want, to make it the most appealing as I can possibly do so. With using blogger it is apiece of software which is most like Word this helped me as it allowed me to add photos and there extras again to make the posts more appealing.


Thinglink

I have chosen to use thinglink here as it allows me to compare and evaluate all my ancillary tasks. 


























1 comment:

  1. Research & planning is more proficient. Could you add to construction and the evaluation stage and improve those parts?

    ReplyDelete